In our home carpentry workshop we can have many electric tools or hand tools, of poorer quality or of better quality, but if we want to get the most out of them we usually need to also use joinery guides. With these guides we can make straight cuts, precise cuts, mill with precision, cut and mill wood joints ... or manage to carry out various carpentry processes that would be difficult to do without the guides.
So, in the video of this post we are going to see 10 of the carpentry guides that I showed how to do in this blog and in my channel wood carpentry in Spanish. I also leave you below the links to the pages of this blog of carpentry in which I show how to make each of those guides. In each entry you can find the corresponding video in which I explain how to do the guide in question step by step.
Getting free or cheap carpentry guides may seem difficult, but with these I only spent what the materials cost me, and in many cases I was able to take advantage of the remains I already had in the workshop.
- Trolley for cutting and square with the table saw homemade.
- Guide to milling dowels on the milling table to make box and dowel joints. It also serves to cut on the table saw.
- Guide to cut wood circles with the table jigsaw.
- Woodworking Guide for make straight loop joints with the tabletop milling machine.
- Template for cut wooden slats with the disk saw. Perfect cuts at 90 degrees.
- Simple guide to cut boards at 90 degrees with the circular saw.
- Guide for cutting boards with the disc saw. (Coming soon. While you can watch the video here)
- Guide to milling tongue and groove with the milling machine hand.
- Guide to milling boxes to make box and dowel joints.
- Guide to milling dowels at the head of the slats. To make box and dowel joints together with the previous guide, so you can find both in the same entry in this carpentry blog.